The hair straightener is probably one of the most revolutionary styling tools ever launched in the last decade. It used to be bulky and hair-burning back in the ‘90s, but today’s versions have become lightweight, sleek, and locks-friendly. However, the key to optimum hair styling is choosing the best flat iron for your needs.
Top Hair Straighteners and Flat Irons
1. Wahl Pencil Hair Straightener
- IDEAL FOR SHORTER STYLES - The Pencil Straightener is particularly ideal for shorter styles, tidying up fringes or fly away hair
- QUICK AND EASY – This straightening tool heats up in 60 seconds so you can achieve your perfect style in minutes
- CERAMIC PLATES - The ceramic coated plates retain the hairs natural moisture, to leave the hair shiny and smooth, while being the ideal size to allow easy styling for short hair. Get the look you desire whilst maintaining healthy looking hair
Girls with short hair, such as a pixie or a bob, will also benefit from hair straighteners. Such tools would help them tame their tresses and look great every day. This Wahl hair straightener has incredibly slim plates, great for styling short hair;
Ceramic coating is essential in keeping healthy-looking hair, retaining moisture and maintaining a natural defense against daily pollutants that could cause split-ends and breakage.
If you are always struggling to tame your short hair using a regular-sized flat iron, then this ultra-slim straightener could be a good investment. It is also perfect for those looking for quick and easy hair styling.
2. Corioliss C3 Gold Hair Straightener Black Zebra
This hair straightener comes in black zebra print. If you are looking for a stylish-looking flat iron, then this pair could be your best option. The Corioliss flat iron has a temperature gauge that allows it to handle any hair type, from the finest to the coarsest locks. This hair straightener also has slim plates for your quick styling needs.
You can also choose to flick, wave, or straighten your hair in minutes. While it may not be the cheapest on the market, this dual-voltage flat iron is a worthy investment if you want a hair style that seems professionally done.
The Corioliss hair straightener also comes with a handy pouch, making it a perfect travel buddy.
3. Remington Shine Therapy Advanced Ceramic Hair Straighteners
- Advanced Ceramic coated plates infused with Moroccan Argan Oil with Vitamin E
- Digital temperature display with 9 settings 150 - 230 degrees
- Fast heat up in 15 seconds. Auto shut off after 60 minutes
This hair straightener has Moroccan Argan Oil to give an extra coat of shine to your lovely tresses. The oil responds to the flat iron’s heat and emits its nourishing benefits into your hair for a healthy overall look. Styling your hair with this oil will help maintain your look for hours, even under extreme heat.
This Remington flat iron features temperature control, which you can easily adjust through the digital display. The product also offers ceramic-coated plates that effortlessly glide through your hair for a glossy and smooth finish.
This model is cheaper than many other brands, but offers a feature that will keep your hair style throughout the day.
4. BaByliss 2581BU Cordless Portable Hair Straightener
Especially made for those always on the go, this cordless pair of Babybliss Pro Cordless Straighteners for Smooth Summer Hair is definitely worth your time and budget.
Not just suitable for the budget-conscious, but also with its good compact size, is certainly great for placing within your bag, plus, the durable gas cylinder–for 4 hours would make sure that your hair is still in tip-top shape all the time.
5. BaByliss Ceramic Pro 230 Straightener
- Delivers up to 230 degrees C salon temperature for an instant frizz-free salon straight style
- Ceramic plates glide through the hair for the ultimate high shine glossy finish
- Features 30-second fast heat up and heat recovery
If you are on the lookout for something flexible, then this Babyliss Ceramic Pro Straighteners is your best bet.
This device is simply amazing for savvy traveler especially to its portable heat mat – so which means that you could be rest assured that you will be safe and there will be no carpet burns leaving your hotel room.
- Slim ceramic plates
- 230°C performance. Ready to use in 30 seconds
6. Nicky Clarke NSS236 Frizz Control Straightener
- Ceramic plates for smooth styling
- Plate lock - ideal for storage and travel
- Tourmaline conditioning to lock in moisture
Looking for frizz control? If yes, then you definitely should purchase the Nicky Clarke NSS236 Frizz Control Straightener. It has Ionic technology that reduces static and locks-in moisture for a silky smooth, frizz-free finish! It also maintains the same temperature throughout your hair styling.
With such feature, you no longer have to pass over each section of your hair more than once. This keeps your hair protected against damage as it is only exposed to high heat for a small amount of time. In addition, this flat iron has ionic plates and controlled temperature to easily transform your frizzy hair into shimmering silk.
7. Conair CS922CS Straightening Iron Hot Black Styling Tool
- Double Ceramic Flat Iron: This flat iron features 1.5 inch double ceramic coated plates; Straighten hair or create loose, beachy waves; The higher ceramic content delivers gentle, even heat and frizz free shine
- Styling Control: This ceramic flat iron has extra long floating plates for faster styling with less damage, 5 heat settings including a high heat setting of 410 degrees F, and uniform heat recovery for consistent styling
- Wavy or Sleek: Whether you want to add volume and flip or create pin straight styles, Conair's full line of ceramic, double ceramic, tourmaline ceramic, and titanium flat irons has you covered
The Conair CS922CS flat iron gives you that effortless style on the go. This is your perfect companion for your hair while traveling. What’s even awesome about this is that it has double 1.5 inch double ceramic coated plates that not only straighten your hair but you may also create loose or beachy waves hairstyle.
The Conair CS922CS flat iron is known as one of the best flat iron in terms of features, cost, and durability.
How to Choose a Flat Iron
You need to first consider your hair’s natural texture. Flat irons that heat up to high temperatures are perfect for thick and coarse hair, but not for fine locks. If you have thin or fine hair, look for straighteners that offer heat settings.
Digital flat irons now let you choose the exact temperature for your hair to prevent damage due to heat. Meanwhile, titanium straighteners are ideal for coarse and thick strands, while ceramic plates are great for those with thin or fine hair.
Hair straighteners also come in various widths and sizes. If you have short hair, then consider flat irons that are thin and small. Flat irons in such size are also great for styling spikes and bangs, as well as for traveling. Meanwhile, long or thick locks would require wide and large hair straighteners for more coverage.
By now, you should have an idea on what would be the best hair straightener for you. The different flat iron brands below would help you narrow down your choices, according to your needs and budget.