What is it that makes halogen ovens so special? For most users, it is down to the time that they save you in comparison to cooking in conventional ovens. Deciding that it is a halogen oven that you want is hardly the end of the story. Choosing the right one can be just as difficult.
Halogen ovens came as a new trend in the market. They aren’t costly to produce, and as a result, are affordable. Unlike the conventional oven, halogen ovens cook 40% faster, and they consume much less energy doing so.
On top of all that, it hardly takes up space in the kitchen. You just place it on top of your counter or table, plug it in, and you’re ready to cook.
Now if you’re thinking of getting your first halogen oven, you might find it hard to choose the right one since this innovation is fairly new in the market. Here’s a guide to the best halogen ovens we’ve come across:
Reviews of 7 Best Halogen Ovens UK
1. Daewoo Deluxe 1.7L, 1300W Air Fryer
- 1300W POWER - This Daewoo halogen air fryer delivers a powerful 1300w output for a fast and efficient cooking while the air circulating technology allows for little or no oil to be used for healthier meals
- VARIABLE TIMER - The handy inbuilt 60-minute variable timer allows you to set your timer for when it suits you to start frying - Ideal for busy people on the move and for perfect results
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL - Adjustable temperature control ensures your food is cooked correctly and perfectly. Variable temperature controls ranging from 125 to 250 degrees
This appliance is made up of a big transparent cooking dish. This transparent cooking dish is at the bottom and has a fan along with a heating element right on top of it. The fan ensures even circulation of the heat over the cooking bowl so that the food is well cooked on all sides.
This oven comes with about seven accessories including an extension ring that increases the cooking capacity from 12L to 17L. It contains two racks (high and low), which can be used to prepare two dishes at the same time. Additionally, it has two mesh trays, which means that it can be used to prepare a wide range of dishes.
Furthermore, it has a lid-stand that is used to store the hot lid as you serve the dishes. Its timer runs from 5 to 60 minutes, while that of the temperature ranges from 125 to 250 degrees C.
It also can clean itself. All that is needed is to fill up your cooking bowl with lukewarm soapy water. After this is done, set it to the Thaw Wash setting using the temperature dial. This oven will then do the clean-up for itself, except that the accessories will be washed manually.
- Its’ size is big enough for a family that’s large.
- Comes with a transparent bowl.
- Creates a perfect balance between beauty and quality.
- The oven is fast and cooks perfect meals.
2. JML Halowave Halogen Oven
- Halowave halogen oven
- Cooks 40% faster than a conventional oven
- Halogen handbook full of gourmet recipes
If you’re looking for a halogen oven that does not cost much but cooks food to satisfaction, the JML Halowave Halogen Oven might just be your match. It’s very easy to use and configure and has a capacity for 10.5 litres.
Admittedly, this may not be much, but with its low price, it’s a pleasant surprise that the quality of the cooked food is better than expected. This is because this oven is powerful enough and cooks thoroughly at 1400 watts.
It includes a timer and temperature controls that reach up to 245 degrees. Another great feature is the oven’s self-cleaning capability.
3. Schallen 17L 2 in 1 Deluxe Black & Glass Halogen Cooker
- The Schallen Deluxe 1.7L 1300W Halogen Air Fryer Oven is a healthy and quick way to cook with ease. This Halogen oven cooks far quicker than a conventional oven due to a combination of a carbon heating bulb and a built-in fan system to circulate hot air, bringing you perfectly cooked food.
- Adjustable temperature control ensures your food is cooked correctly and perfectly. Variable temperature controls ranging from 125℃ to 250℃. Also comes with a handy inbuilt 60-minute variable timer
- To clean your air fryer simply fill with warm, soapy water, set to the self-clean function and watch it work – Nice and clean and ready to use for next time
It is one of the best mini ovens that are easy to use and clean. It is multi-functional, large, adjustable, durable and convection. The oven does not need pre-heating as it quickly distributes heat equally inside as soon as you switch it on. You have a full-year warranty hence there is no need to worry much about its performance during the first month of purchase. Below is a detailed review of the Michael James Halogen Oven.
The Halogen Oven is multi-functional as you can use it to roast, fry, steam, or grill. It does not consume a lot of electricity as there is no need to preheat the oven just the way we use the standard oven. The moment you switch it on, heat is quickly distributed evenly to the extent that it is quicker than expected. It comes with a lid holder so that you will not burn your fingers holding the lid whilst checking the oven. The extender ring is used to adjust the litre capacity so that it suits your desired capacity at the moment. You do not need an extra towel or tool to use to remove the hot racks as you are given tongs to use.
It has a powerful halogen heating and convection system that allows heat to thoroughly and evenly spread in the oven till your food is evenly ready. It tries so well to keep the moisture and flavour of the food. This is an ideal oven for people on diet, vegetarians and fans of grilled food. It gives you a complete set to use and you will not go way out of your budget buying extra accessories to use. You can set it for 0 up to 600 minutes depending on what you are cooking and the heat. The moment you lift up the lid, it switches off. The cable is heat resistant so that it will not melt.
- One year warranty
- Lid holder
- The cooker is adjustable
- It comes with tongs
- High capacity 12lt/17lt
- Powerful halogen heating
- Convection system
- Has a 0-60 minute timer
- Easy to clean
- The moment you lift up the lid, it automatically switches off
- Takes a bit of time to get used to it
- The position of the lid stand might expose you to accidental burns
- Not ideal for standard oven trays
The halogen oven makes a great cooker in the manner it brings you all the necessary accessories needed hence keeping you out of unnecessary top-ups. I recommend it especially to potential users who like steamed, grilled, roasted and baked food. I give it a 4.7 star.
4. Tower T14001 Halogen Airwave Low Fat Air Fryer
- TRIPLE COOKING POWER: Combines the power of halogen, convection and infrared technology to cook food up to 3 times faster than a standard oven
- HEALTHIER COOKING: Enjoy the same great fried taste without the added fat, as the air fryer uses up to 80 Percent less oil than traditional deep-frying methods
- ENERGY-EFFICENT: Efficient air circulation helps cook food more rapidly to reduce waiting time and energy consumption
What’s great about the Tower T14001 is that it cooks rather quickly due to its impressive use of halogen, infrared and convection. It also has a budget-friendly price, performs moderately well and produces decent quality.
The handy accessories include racks, tongs, trays and a lid stand. Wattage is at 1300 with a standard timer for 60 minutes and temperature controls up to 250 degrees. Its capacity is first-rate since it can hold 12 litres and with the extender ring on, it can hold as much as 17.
5. Quest 43890 Halogen Oven
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL COOKER - Halogen, convection and infrared power, one can prepare the tastiest fried foods with little or no oil for healthier cooking.
- EASY TO OPERATE - Just set time and temperature and with a capacity of 12 litres, you can roast joints of meat for the whole family or use the racks to separate the food during cooking.
- FAST COOKING - Cooks over 3 times faster than standard oven with 1400W power & saves 60% more energy.
Are you considering buying the Quest Halogen Oven? It’s always good to make sure that you know what you are getting yourself into. This halogen oven has a 1300 wattage and a capacity of 12 liters. Halogen ovens have the advantage of cooking food at faster rates than regular ovens. This is something you will also find on the Sentik halogen oven. It will save you time, money, and energy, which is great for busy days.
One of the great things about this oven is that it is affordable. It has two dials that you can use to set your preferred temperature and time. It has a delayed timer of 60 minutes. It also has a defrost function. Its size makes it perfect for quick easy meals for a small family. The result you get will make it look like you were in the kitchen for hours. You will also probably like how simple it is to use and easy to clean.
- It has a timer
- It is lightweight enough to easily move around
- It is fast
- It saves energy
- It is affordable to buy
- It’s easy to clean
- It isn’t as large as some of its competitors and may not fit bigger meals
- The cable is a bit too short and could be longer
6. Oypla 12L Portable Halogen Convection Oven Cooker
- Official Oypla Branded Product - Brand New Free UK Delivery
- Cook Food 60% Quicker Than A Conventional Oven
- Great for Roasting, Baking, Steaming, Toasting, Reheating, Defrosting, Boiling and Frying
The controls and the main heating element for this oven are located on the lid. At the top is a folding handle which can be used to lift the lid. This is to protect the fingers from getting burnt. The handle serves as a safety switch, as the unit will not function while it is upright. The unit will go off when the handle is lifted. Just like many other halogen ovens, the timer and temperature control are right on top of the lid. They can be set by using the two dials on top of the lid. Its timer runs from 0 to 60 minutes and the temperature ranges from 125 degrees C to 250 degrees C.
Also, it has a defrost function and foods can be cooked from their frozen state in this device. All that’s needed is to set the temperature dial to be twenty degrees lower than the usual cooking temperature for that food item.
This device comes with some accessories which may increase the usefulness of the halogen oven.
Examples of accessories here are high and low rack, frying pan, tongs, steaming pan, a lid holder, and a four-piece fork set. This means that a variety of dishes can be prepared.
Finally, this oven has a self-cleaning ability. This cleaning can be carried out when the appliance temperature has dropped.
- Self-cleaning ability.
- Comes with a good number of accessories.
- Handle also serves as a safety device.
7. Classic Halogen Oven
- 12 Litre Capacity Body.
- Halogen Powered Lid Heater.
- Cooks in many ways - Defrost, Boil, Roast, Bake, Grill, BBQ & More!
Are you considering buying the Classic Halogen Oven? One of the reasons why they have grown in popularity over the years is because of their ability to cook food in a variety of ways, and faster. The classic halogen oven has a halogen powered lid, which enables the food to be cooked and at a much faster pace than regular ovens.
It has various functions, which make it even more popular. You can use it to defrost food, boil, roast, grill, and even fry. It looks like a glass pot, only with a lid that has buttons on it. These are meant to let you control the temperature and also set the time. Also, to make your life easier, this oven has a self-cleaning function.
- It is affordable
- It is portable
- It is easy to use
- You can set the time and temperature according to what you need the oven to do
- It has various functions
- It has a limited size meaning that some food will not fit in it.
- Repairing it, if it breaks is costly, so much that it may be better to simply buy another oven instead of trying to repair it.
- The halogen light is pretty bright
Things to Consider to buy Halogen Ovens
Just like many other things, likewise, when it’s time to buy this appliance, there are certain things to be considered. Here are a few things to look out for when buying a halogen oven.
It will not be out of place to check the power this appliance will consume when in use.
The size is another important thing to consider when purchasing this appliance. Although, they are not usually so big, however, a few may look big if you have a small kitchen size.
By standard, halogen ovens are twelve liters, even though a few are less than twelve liters. To optimize your purchase, you should look out for the halogen oven that has an extender ring that takes it to seventeen liters.
Also, the cord length is another thing you may want to consider. There may not be so many outlets in your kitchen, so you want to factor in the cord length. The reason is to ensure it can get to the spot where you expect to plug it in your kitchen.
During cooking, the glass part of this appliance gets hot, including the lid. A hinged lid model will be better here than a lift lid.
This appliance has different types of controls. Most of the halogen ovens are controlled with rotary dials which can be turned to begin cooking.
The extent to which it is turned is determined by the food to be prepared. Although, the ones produced lately now have digital controls on them.
So, it is necessary to consider the controls and go for the one that is more suitable for you.
Usually, the halogen ovens come with some peripherals. All of which are aimed towards making the cooking run smoothly.
Some of these accessories could be the frying basket, lid stands, tongs, and oven baking trays. These accessories may not be included in some halogen ovens, so, you want to be sure you are buying the best.
Generally, the cost of items to be purchased usually determines if it should be bought or not. It also determines the quality to go for when the item varies in quality.
The higher the quality of the halogen oven, the more expensive we’ll expect it to be and vice versa. Look out for the one that matches the amount you want to spend on its purchase. Not only that but at the same time is of better quality.
How a Halogen Oven Works to Cook Food
The halogen oven is like a larger circular bowl made of glass and covered with a lid. The circular glass bowl is placed on a stand, and everything that does the cooking is contained in the glass bowl.
A halogen lamp, which is facing down, is built into the lid. This halogen lamp serves as the primary heating element in this appliance. The lid has a fan in it.
The halogen uses the infra-red light to raise the air temperature within the appliance, while the fan distributes it. The fan makes the temperature within the oven to get distributed so that the food being prepared will be evenly cooked.
The controls are outside of the lid. These include the timer, the temperature control. The moment you have pressed the go button, the infrared lamp switches on as well as the fan.
As the appliance starts to work, the temperature within it begins to rise. When a particular temperature is reached, the lamp turns off. Likewise, when it is dropping at a particular temperature, the lamp comes on.
Halogen Ovens vs Air Fryers
Tired of turning the entire stove on just to cook a dinner for two? Halogen stoves are inexpensive table top cookers that claim to cook quicker and better than a broiler.
When buying a halogen oven, it is important for us to take some things into consideration. The main thing we need to note is buying a package that includes tongs, oven steaming trays, lid stand, extension rings, frying basket, controls and lastly, the cord length and storage.
Pros: makes instant heat, spreads the heat in the oven with a fan, flexible, food looks beautiful, bowl is transparent so you can see the food being cooked, temperature can be controlled so it doesn’t get overcooked, cheap
Cons: bulky, large, too hassle to clean, takes time to clean because it’s made of glass and you need to be careful when cleaning it, takes an ample amount of space too if you’re just going to leave it on the counter space
Pros: uses less oil, spreads oil on the food before hot air is circulated inside the fryer, can be used for baking too. Easy to clean, very convenient, can cook instantly, can make nutritious meals
Cons: can only cook for a maximum of three people, bulky, too hot when you’re going to hold the outer part. It is more expensive than a halogen oven.
Halogen Ovens vs Conventional Ovens
- Unlike conventional ovens, halogen ovens consume less electricity.
- Cook food faster
- Far easier to use and clean
- Do not radiate too much heat, and this makes it fit to use in smaller kitchens.
- Do not break down essential nutrients and vitamins in food.
- Very portable. This makes it easy to carry them along for the holidays.
- The halogen oven can be opened to check or stir food without losing the heat.
While there are different types of this halogen oven, choosing the best shouldn’t be a difficult thing.
When deciding on which halogen oven to ultimately buy, remember to check the features and consider the space you have available in your kitchen. You will also want to take a look at the capacity of your oven, how powerful it is and what useful accessories go with it, like tongs and a lid stand.
From all of these comparisons among the halogen ovens, our pick is Andrew James. It has the digital control panel, which makes it more precise and accurate. It also has a hinged-lid which means it does not require a stand for the lid.