What a better way to improve your sleep experience than switching to an adjustable bed. You can raise or lower the bed to suit your needs.
An adjustable bed helps you maintain good body mechanism. This makes it easy for you to get into or out of bed. There are a variety of ways you can position a mattress on this bed.
You can only experience all the benefits of a UK adjustable bed if you buy a high-quality mattress that will match the mechanism of a bendable bed.
There are different mattress materials/design to choose from, including pocket sprung, latex, hybrid and memory foam.
The only problem is that there are too many choices on the market. So, finding the ideal mattress may not be that easy.
However, we have simplified the search. Herein we have reviewed five top-of-the-line mattresses that are pliable, comfortable and compatible with bendable beds.
Top 5 Best Mattresses for Adjustable Bed UK
Inofia Memory Foam Sprung Mattress
- ✿Inofia King Mattresses Elegant Collection ✿--Inofia Grandly Launched Classic vintage style with black& white classic design would never out of date, distinguished from most of mattress in market.It combines with innovative wave memory foam and ultra-soft knitted fabric with airy mesh fabric on side, the medium firm is displayed.It's definitely worth a try.
- ✿Innovative Wave Memory Foam✿-Inofia hybrid King mattress update Wave Memory Foam is placed on the bottom of normal memory foam layer. Let you freely return over the night, it doesn't restrict your movement. And, when you do move, you're unlikely to disturb your partner. because this mattress is good at absorbing bounces.
- ✿Extraordinary Pocket Coil Technology✿--Inofia king bed memory foam mattress Offers good spinal support for everyone, provides greatest durability while delivering pressure relief ,motion separation for back support. Unique Zoned Coil Support adapts and supports each unique body greatly. Adapts to anybody for the perfect level of support.
The Inofia Memory Foam Sprung Mattress is a high quality mattress that is suitable for adjustable beds in the UK.
The mattress remains pliable and flexible even after it is fully expanded. The top layer is designed for enhanced breathability.
The top layer is made with airy mesh on the side for added comfort and breathability. The layer is also anti-mite and hypoallergenic.
There is a distinctive wave memory foam that contours perfectly to your body to help with pressure relief. This foam does not restrict your movement, allowing you to change positions.
The pocket springs are engineered to deliver extraordinary targeted support. This ensures your spine is properly aligned and you receive sufficient pressure relief.
The bed has an exclusive nine zone coil support system that corresponds to each part of your body. The system does not only match, but also adapts to your body perfectly.
You can easily order the mattress online and get free shipping. The bed also comes with 100 no risk night trial that gives you sufficient time to get acquainted.
- The top layer offers exceptional breathability for hot sleepers
- Ultra-soft knitted cover is hypoallergenic and sleeps cool
- Wave foam contours perfectly to the body for improved pressure relief
- Pocket sprung design improves spinal alignment
- Zoned support corresponds to individual parts of your body
- The topper may be a little bit softer for some sleepers
Vesgantti Memory Foam Mattress
- 【Memory Foam Mattress】- Triple-layered, 18CM hypoallergenic memory foam mattress with 3CM Convoluted Memory Foam, 7CM High Density Foam, and 8CM Supportive Base Foam
- 【Less Motion Transfer】- TENCEL Blend Fiber Cover and Wavy Memory Foam effectively provide enhanced airflow to keep you cool, absorb the noise and vibration caused by your partner's tossing and turning, guaranteeing you an undisturbed sleep
- 【Conforming Support】- Supportive high density base foam not only compresses evenly under body weight and conforms to curves to alleviate common pressure points, but also create a comfortable, soft feeling mattress with right amount of back support
Do you want a bed that will conform to every part of your body as you adjust your adjustable bed? Vesgantti Memory Foam Mattress is what you should be looking for.
It is a three-layered bed that features a combination of supportive core foam, bamboo charcoal wavy foam, and massage wavy foam.
The topside cover is soft, removable and washable. It offers a moulding and cooling feel when you sleep on it, especially in the summer.
The convoluted massage wavy foam beneath the cover is ultra-quiet even when you are adjusting the bed. But most importantly it massages the body as it offers cooling comfort.
The bamboo charcoal wavy foam keeps your body cool by regulating your body temperature. This material eliminates body odour by absorbing all the toxins released in the form of sweat.
The cover is made of Tencel blend fibre that provides a breathable sleeping surface. The cover effectively blocks allergens and dust mites.
The mattress is easy to move around the house, especially upstairs because it comes roll and vacuum packed in a box.
- Tencel cover is hypoallergenic, removable and washable
- Massage foam offers contouring support and comfort
- Bamboo charcoal foam improves breathability
- High density core offers superior pressure relief
- Egg crate foam absorbs vibration and noise to prevent tossing and turning
- Maybe a little bit softer for some adjustable bed users
Naturalex Supervisco Memory Foam Plus Latex Mattress
- DOUBLE MATTRESS - Measuring 135cm x 190cm approx. with several lavish layers of luxury memory foam. Finished with a reversible, dual seasons sleeping surface for comfort.
- DOUBLE BED MATTRESS – A great quality, budget friendly/high end memory foam mattress. Perfect for adults and children, side and back sleepers. Fits all UK standard bed bases (4ft6 x 6ft3, 135cm x 190cm). 3D mesh on the summer side for cooling effect and warm padding on winter side for cosiness.
- DOUBLE MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS – Memory foam benefits includes the soothing of aching back and hips and ensures a more comfortable, peaceful night’s sleep.
Are you on the lookout for a high performing mattress for your adjustable UK bed? Look no further than the Naturalex Supervisco Memory Foam plus Latex Mattress.
The bed features a three-centimetre layer of comfort foam that delivers instant relief from excess heat. The high level of air permeability and breathability allows you to sleep cool.
The bed is engineered to provide a balanced and cosy feel. It has seven comfort zones that provide exceptional pressure relief and targeted support.
The core is made of blue latex foam that does an incredible job of promoting correct body contouring and spinal alignment.
A characteristic feature that is quite impressive about this bed is the reversible design. One side is ideal for winter while the other one is suitable for summer.
Either side of the bed feature Thermosoft memory foam. This material is very sensitive to weight and temperature changes. It adapts accordingly to offer warmth or coolness.
The brand uses foam and latex materials that are free of harmful chemicals. This is the main reason why this is a suitable mattress for allergy sufferers.
The ten-year warranty of the bed proves how durable it is, and not to mention that it is shipped roll packed for easy carrying in the house.
- Blue latex base promotes blood flow and alleviates bad back
- Supervisco foam is highly sensitive to heat and weight changes
- Seven comfort zones deliver superb pressure relief and support
- It has superior air permeability and breathability for hot sleepers
- Dual season reversible bed is highly convenient
- May experience a weird smell during unboxing
Starlight Beds Blue Memory Foam Sprung Mattress
- Kingsize Mattress (5ft x 6ft6) (150cm x 200cm)
- Soft Luxurious Micro Quilt Top Panel and Stylish Grey Border
- Suitable for Adults, Children and Most Base Types
Starlight Beds believe that the perfect mattress should be kept simple. That is exactly what they deliver with the Starlight Beds Blue Memory Foam Sprung Mattress.
The bed is designed to disperse excess heat, allowing a hot sleeper to sleep cooler. The blue memory foam cradles perfectly with your body to deliver exceptional moulding comfort.
The micro quilt topside panel of the bed is soft, luxurious, breathable, and comfortable. The panel and the comfort layer offer superior conformity and response to body weight and heat.
The heavy-duty spring system is very responsive. It offers ideal support where it is needed the most. This helps to alleviate all pressure points.
When used with an adjustable bed, this mattress will lighten back pain, alleviate leg swelling, enhance circulation, ease insomnia, and improve digestion.
- Blue foam gets rid of excess body heat
- Micro quilt top panel is breathable and hypoallergenic
- Pocket springs offer the best contouring and pressure relief
- The responsiveness and point elasticity of the bed reduces motion transfer
- 100 free night trial gives you time to get used to the bed
- Edge support is not entirely impressive
Casper Memory Foam UK Mattress
- THE CASPER CORE MATTRESS — Named "Excellent" by Which, our Casper mattress was awarded Best Buy 2019. It combines pressure-relieving memory foam with perfectly positioned contour cuts for our ultimate, signature Casper comfort and support.
- WHAT MAKES THE CORE SO SPECIAL? — Breathable open-cell foam, Responsive memory foam, Adaptive transition foam, and Durable support foam. It is symmetrically constructed with contour cuts and 5 weight distribution zones.
- COMFORT & BREATHABILITY — Open-cell top layer sleeps cool and provides bounce. The Transition foam layer allows for even weight distribution while aligning your spine. This mattress adjusts to your preferences. Sleep has never been so comfortable.
If you are in search of a flexible mattress for your UK adjustable bed, you should look no further than the Casper Memory Foam UK Mattress.
The cover of the Casper is a polyester material that gives a soft and cosy feeling. It is pretty breathable, removable and easy to clean.
The Casper UK is an all foam construction made of four different layers. The comfort features open-cell foam, which is soft for pressure relief.
The comfort layer has a pretty quick response to pressure. So, you are not going to feel stuck in the mattress.
The open cell design also helps with cooling. It dissipates body heat; so, you do not overheat while you are sleeping.
There is a memory foam layer that has a slower response to pressure than the comfort layer. This allows you to sink for pressure relief, giving you a contouring feel.
The base is made of high density poly foam that is pretty firm. It supports the layers of foam above it as well as providing deep compression support.
- Highly breathable and pressure relieving top layer
- Open cell layer does a great job of heat dissipation
- Foam layers have point elasticity that reduces motion transfer
- High density base foam offers deep compression support
- All materials are OEKO-TEX certified and free of harmful substances
It may be a little bit softer for some sleepers
What to look for the best mattress for adjustable bed
When it comes to choosing the ideal mattress for a UK adjustable bed, there are a number of options, but they differ in functionality and performance.
The most ideal option depends on the type of adjustable bed, construction of the mattress, and most importantly personal preference.
Divided vs. Split King Adjustable Bed
The very first decision you have to come up with is choosing between a divided king and a split king adjustable design. These two designs are compatible with different mattress sizes.
A divided king adjustable base comes as a single unit with the upper and lowers adjustable bases. The two bases can be adjusted independently.
This set up is more efficient compared to the traditional split king design because it allows you to buy a UK king size mattress.
This base is the ultimate choice for couples who like to be intimate during sleep. You get to share the same comfort.
With a divided king base, there is no redundancy of two operating motor systems in tandem. You can uniformly agree to adjust the upper or lower motor on the same bed.
The split king adjustable bed base has been the choice for many for a long time until the divided king was introduced.
This design consists of two separate adjustable bed bases in tandem. The operation of one base is independent of the other.
You can choose to adjust the bases simultaneously to achieve the same settings, but the adjustments have to be done separately.
This type of adjustable base design is suitable for a couple with different sleep needs, especially when reading a novel or watching the TV.
However, couples who are intimate can choose to make similar adjustments, but the setting will not be as comfortable as that of a divided king.
Verdict: You have to choose a mattress depending on which adjustable base design suits your needs.
Mattress Design / Material
The next important consideration is the design and/or mattress material. Normally, adjustable bases are designed to achieve an elevation that ranges from 40 to 70 degrees.
Therefore, pliability and durability of the mattress you choose are of utmost importance. The ideal mattress should be able to bend/flex and maintain structural integrity.
Basically, there is three main mattress design/material you can consider for a UK adjustable bed base. They include memory foam, pocket sprung, and latex.
This is the most ideal design/material for most adjustable bed bases in the UK because it is reasonably priced and excellent at pressure relief.
High-quality all-foam mattresses are flexible and durable. Memory foam versions, such as blue memory foam is highly sensitive to body weight and heat changes.
A quality memory foam bed contours to the natural curves of your body. This provides support, relieves pressure, and helps to minimize motion transfer, especially on a divided king base.
Latex mattresses are not just flexible and durable, but they also have a reputation of providing buoyant support, feel and comfort.
The majority of latex beds are designed from synthetic latex or a combination of synthetic and natural latex. 100% natural latex mattresses are usually expensive for the average buyer.
A latex bed may probably be the most ideal choice for a UK adjustable bed base because of its adaptability. But you have to be concerned with the effects of synthetic latex.
You can also refer to them as hybrid mattresses. Unlike traditional innerspring beds that used to feature conventional coil systems, such as bonnel.
Newer hybrid mattresses are incorporated with pocket sprung system. This system consists of individually encased spring coils that operate independently of each other.
The ability of the pocket springs to operate independently is what makes pocket sprung mattresses suitable for divided king adjustable bed bases in the UK.
They may differ in flexibility, functionality and performance with respect to the foam or latex layers included in the hybrid design.
There are many benefits of sleeping on an adjustable bed, such as superior pressure relief, advanced lumbar support, built-in massage, and independence in case of a split king.
However, you can only realize all these benefits and more if you choose a mattress that is compatible with your adjustable base.
According to our findings, the most important factors are normally the bed base and mattress design. You have to choose between a divided and split king based on your preference.
Intimate partners are will do well with a divided king base and a mattress that offers superior motion isolation.
On the other hand, non-intimate partners can go for a split king base and mattresses that have different properties and functionality.