Memory foam mattresses are extremely popular in the market because of various reasons. This type of mattress will contour to your body and provide cushioned support. It also has a longer lifespan compared with other types of mattresses. The only problem is that choosing the best memory foam mattress can be a bit complicated.
If you want to find the best one, here are some of the best memory foam mattresses in the market today.
Top 10 Best Memory Foam Mattresses UK
To help you make the right decision, the first thing to do is to know which brands and products are at the top of the market. Here are the different mattresses that you can consider.
1. Bedzonline Memory Foam Mattress
- HYBRID COMFORT: Long-lasting and made in the UK, our premium quality 20cm thick mattress, with its modern micro quilt design, combines the best of both worlds - a plush memory foam layer that conforms to your body's contours and high-quality spring coils for exceptional support—fire retardant and dust mite resistant to help you sleep with a peace of mind.
- ORTHOPAEDIC SUPPORT: Striking the perfect balance between comfort and orthopaedic support, our hybrid mattress, designed to provide optimal spinal alignment, is ideal for those seeking relief from back pain and joint discomfort by promoting evenly distributed weight and enhanced blood circulation. The memory foam layer in this hybrid mattress conforms to your body's shape, providing support for pressure points, such as shoulders and hips, to reduce pain and discomfort for a comfortable sleep.
- CONFORMING TO COMFORT: Soft, thick, and skin-friendly, this anti-dust mite and hypoallergenic mattress with medium firmness is allergy-friendly, comfortable, and ideal for all sleeping positions. The spring coils in this hybrid mattress add some bounce and responsiveness, making it easier to move around and change sleeping positions, making this mattress ideal for those who prefer a more traditional feel to their mattress.
Bedzonline Memory Foam Mattress provides amazing quality and the modern micro quilt can provide an outstanding appearance to the mattress. This mattress is about 7 inches thick, which is just enough for your bed frame. If you want a smaller one, they also offer mattresses that are not too thick.
This mattress also has hypoallergenic fillings, which is the best choice if you have allergies. Dust won’t accumulate on the mattress so you are safe from allergies. It is also the best choice if you constantly experience body pains after waking up. This is a common thing, especially if you are very tired at work and the mattress is not too soft.
This mattress is extremely affordable and it is also fire retardant. If you want the best memory foam mattress, this brand should always be at the top of your list.
2. Starlight Beds Cool Blue Memory Foam Mattress
- Single Mattress (3ft x 6ft3) (90cm x 190cm)
- Soft Luxurious Micro Quilt Top Panel and Stylish Grey Border
- Suitable for Adults, Children and Most Base Types
The Starlight Beds Cool Blue Memory Foam Mattress is a 3 feet memory foam mattress that can provide the comfort that you are looking for in foam. It provides a wide range of features that will surely change your perception towards foam mattresses.
This memory foam mattress provides improved overall support to your body. Basically, the main goal of this mattress is to provide comfort and because of this, it also provides amazing support and prevents you from experiencing body pains.
It is also hypo-allergenic so it is safe for people with allergies. Its anti-bacterial and the anti-dust feature can also make sure that the whole family is safe when using it. The most important benefit of this mattress is that it can improve your blood circulation while sleeping, allowing you to have a good night sleep every day.
3. Inofia Double Memory Foam Sprung Mattress
- ✿Inofia Double Mattresses Elegant Collection✿: Inofia Grandly Launched Classic vintage style with black& white classic design would never out of date, distinguished from most of mattress in market.It combines with innovative memory foam and ultra-soft knitted fabric with airy mesh fabric on side, the medium firm is displayed.It's definitely worth a try.
- ✿Innovative Memory Foam✿: Inofia hybrid double mattress update memory foam is placed on the bottom of normal memory foam layer. Let you freely return over the night, it doesn't restrict your movement. And, when you do move, you're unlikely to disturb your partner. because this mattress is good at absorbing bounces.
- ✿Extraordinary Pocket Coil Technology✿:Inofia double bed memory foam mattress offers good spinal support for everyone, provides greatest durability while delivering pressure relief ,motion separation for back support. Unique Zoned Coil Support adapts and supports each unique body greatly. Adapts to anybody for the perfect level of support.
The Inofia Double Memory Foam Sprung Mattress is one of the newest and the most elegant products of Inofia and it comes with a black and white design. It has an innovative wave memory feature that is placed at the bottom of the normal foam layer. This will allow you to sleep overnight without any troubles.
It also has a pocket coil technology that provides the best spinal support for the users. It also offers the best durability while offering pressure relief, back support and more. This foam adapts to the type of body that you have.
It has a softcover as well as an airy mesh on the side. It is anti-mite, hypo-allergenic and it is also made from fibres that will release moisture so you will always feel fresh when sleeping. This is one of the best products on the market today so you should try it out.
4. Starlight Beds Single Memory Foam Mattress
We have another Starlight foam mattress in the list. It goes to show that the brand is one of the best providers and manufacturers of memory foam mattresses in the market. This single memory foam mattress is currently one of the top choices when it comes to foams and mattresses simply because it is very comfortable to use.
This single mattress has an open coil spring and it has a layer of memory foam included in it. As you all know, memory foam mattresses also have springs, but it is more comfortable to use than the traditional models. It also has a soft sleeping surface that would allow you to sleep comfortably the whole night. It won’t give you anybody pains when you wake up.
You don’t have to worry because this is one of the best choices that you will make when it comes to memory foam mattresses.
5. Inofia Double Memory Foam and Pocket Spring Mattress
This is another Inofia model and it is also the option that is more affordable for you. The other Inofia model on this list is a bit expensive, but this one is cheaper, but the benefits are still off the charts.
When looking for a memory foam mattress, you need something that would provide both support and comfort. The Inofia Double Memory Foam and Pocket Spring Mattress is your best choice when it comes to this as it provides the perfect support and undisturbed sleep. It has pure memory foam that will provide comfort and support to your body.
It has an ergonomic design with the pocket spring system that provides support. It can reduce up to 82% of the pressure on your spine, neck and hip areas. As long as you are lying down in this memory foam mattress, you won’t have to worry about body pains.
6. Naturalex Supervisco Memory Foam Mattress
- NEW GENERATION MEMORY FOAM: The Supervisco mattress is the perfect choice for optimum comfort. Made of Naturalex patented foams featuring Blue Latex and high density Thermosoft memory foam for a tailor made support for your unique shape.
- ANTI PRESSURE EFFECT: Helps to relieve muscle tension. The differentiated comfort zones allow weight distribution and promote a therapeutic rest.
- ALL SEASONS: The mattress is reversible and has a winter side made of a thicker cotton fabric and a ventilated summer side to dissipate excess heat and prevent perspiration.
Naturalex Supervisco Memory Foam Mattress is one of the most popular mattresses in the market simply because of its quality and function. This mattress can provide exceptional comfort with its 30-centimetre thick mattress. This is one of a kind because some mattresses are too thin or too thick.
This mattress also provides proper temperature control to make sure that you are always fresh while you are sleeping. It has gel microcapsules that would react to the temperature of the room. This mattress provides restorative sleep. Through its bio memory technology, the advanced memory foam will provide the comfort that you need so you can fall asleep in peace.
It offers 100% comfort during summer and winter so no matter what type of climate you have, this mattress will be able to adapt. It also has the best and sturdiest materials to make sure that it can last for a long time.
7. Vesgantti Double Memory Foam Mattress
- Memory Foam Mattress: Vesgantti 19CM memory foam mattress features a 3-layer design that includes 3CM convoluted foam, 8CM high density foam, and 8CM supportive base foam. The convoluted foam can effectively relieve your body pressure, and give you a cloud-like sleep experience; The high density support foam gives your body perfect support from head to toe
- Breathable & Washable Cover: The breathable cover is made of skin-friendly fabric, which can absorb sweat and dry quickly, keeping cool after you sleep for a long time. Coming with the smooth zipper, the cover of this mattress can be quickly removed for easy washing
- Safe & Comfortable: Vesgantti memory foam mattress is crafted for safety, durability. All foam it uses is made of CertiPUR-US Certified foam, without any harmful substances. Have a healthier sleep
The Vesgantti Double Memory Foam Mattress is one of the most affordable mattresses on this list, but it doesn’t mean that the features are not too good. As one of the most affordable options, this is a good choice for people who are on a tight budget. It gives you the features that you need for a price you can afford.
It has a 3-layer design and it is a combination of supportive base foam and memory foam that will provide the support and comfort that you need when you are sleeping. Experiencing body pains is quite common, but it doesn’t mean that you have to live with it. This mattress is the perfect counter to these body pains.
It also provides less motion transfer. It has an eggshell design that can absorb the vibration of the mattress, especially if you are not the only one sleeping there. If you and your partner are sleeping in the foam, it will reduce the vibration when the other person is moving.
8. DOSLEEPS Memory Foam Mattress
- ★【A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP】With an innovative 9 Zone Support System constructed by individual spring coil pockets. each spring coil is made of tempered stainless steel wire into a bucket shape. Compressed and sealed in a fabric pocket to reduce noise of spring coil collision. It can eliminates pressure points, motion disturbance and lower back pain, this is the best mattress you will find for an incredible night's sleep!
- ★【Tencel Surface】The smooth fiber surface of TENCEL Lyocell fibers absorbs moisture more efficiently. This supports the body’s natural thermal regulating mechanism, keeping your skin feeling pleasantly cool and dry throughout the day and night. Fabrics can also be engineered to provide warm and dry sensations on the skin.
- ★【SUPPORTIVE + UNDISTURBED SLEEP】Each Seperate Pocketed Coil is Individually & Independently Wrapped to Provide an Individualized Comfort Support System by Contouring each Person's Body Perfectly. It Also Doesn't Transfer Motion, for a Peaceful Undisturbed Sleep Even if Your Partner Moves at Night.
Having a good night sleep is not a dream anymore with DOSLEEPS Memory Foam Mattress. It is included in the list because it is one of the top choices of household owners in the United Kingdom.
It features a 9 Zone Support system that is made from spring coil pockets. Every coil is actually made from tempered stainless steel. It also has a smooth fibre surface made from Tencel Lyocell fibres. It can absorb moisture and it is more efficient than cotton. It is also compressed and sealed to make sure that the noise of the spring will not affect your sleep.
The best thing about this mattress is that it can provide you an undisturbed sleep. You can rest for as long as you want without worrying about body pains.
9. eXtreme comfort ltd The Harmony Memory Foam Mattress
- This is a small single mattress, 2ft6 by 6ft3 and 9" deep approx (75cm by 190cm by 22cm), suitable for all bed base types, this mattress is ideal for both adults and children.
- With a double insulated 13.5 gauge open coil spring unit at its centre, this mattress has generous layers of quality fillings on both sides to give a medium soft feel and around 9" in depth (including loft). A UK made mattresss, like all of our mattresses, this is fully compliant with all relevant UK fire safety regulations for domestic use.
- A double sided mattress, this should be both turned and rotated to keep your mattress in the best possible condition. Modern "Geo" damask fabric (pattern may vary from that illustrated) and a wave effect quilted border with a hand tufted finish for additional comfort.
If you are looking for the most affordable high-quality mattress, eXtreme comfort ltd Memory Foam Mattress is your best choice. On this list, this is the cheapest memory foam mattress, but it is also one of the best options because it fits anyone’s budget.
This memory mattress contains springs, paddings and also a layer of memory foam. Although it is not pure memory foam, it provides enough support and comfort so you can have a good night sleep. This is the best choice if you don’t have a lot of money to afford the more expensive brands.
This foam is also fully compliant to all the fire safety regulations of the United Kingdom so it is very safe for you. It is applicable for cabin beds, bunk beds, and more.
10. Inofia Double Memory Foam and Sprung Mattress
- 🌀𝟳-𝙕𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝙊𝒓𝒕𝙝𝒐𝒑𝒂𝒆𝙙𝒊𝒄 𝙈𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒆𝙨𝙨--The 7-zone pocket spring mattress provides tailored support for 7 specific parts of your body, which includes: the head, shoulders, back, hips, knees, legs and ankles. Therefore, the king mattresses can help you adjust your sleeping position in real-time to keep your spine and body aligned throughout the night, effectively relieving muscle tension and reducing back pain.
- 🌀𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝙡 𝟯𝘿 𝙈𝒆𝙨𝙝 𝙁𝒂𝙗𝒓𝒊𝒄 𝒐𝙣 𝑺𝒊𝙙𝒆--Innovative mesh side cover, normally the material of side cover is knitted fabric, however the design principle of The Airflow Collection is to offer super awesome breathability and perspiration absorption, and that’s why we use 3D mesh fabric on side, plus keep cooling memory foam, it’s a great combination.
- 🌀𝙀𝙭𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒐𝒓𝙙𝒊𝙣𝒂𝒓𝙮 𝑷𝒐𝒄𝙠𝒆𝒕 𝑪𝒐𝒊𝙡 𝙏𝒆𝒄𝙝𝙣𝒐𝙡𝒐𝙜𝙮--Offers good spinal support for everyone, provides the greatest durability while delivering pressure relief, reduces motion transfer for undisturbed rest. Unique Zoned Coil Support adapts and supports each unique body greatly. Adapts to anybody for the perfect level of support, gets up without any pain.
The last product on the list comes from Inofia. This brand is the best when it comes to mattresses and the Inofia Double Memory Foam and Sprung Mattress is also the best product that they have on this list.
The other two mattresses mentioned above are a good choice, but if you are looking for ultimate comfort, this is the best mattress to buy.
It features a special 3D mesh fabric and it is the best material for the side cover. This allows the air to flow inside the mattress and make sure that the temperature will always be cool and fresh no matter season it is.
Memory Foam Mattress: Buying Guide
Many of you are probably thinking that a list of the best brands and mattresses would already help you. This is a mistake. You need to make sure that you know what to look for on a memory foam mattress before you buy. Even if the mattress is made from memory foam, it doesn’t mean that it is already a good choice. Here is a simple buying guide that you can follow.
1. Type of Memory Foam
Before anything else, you should first know the different types of memory foam that you can find in the market. Let’s check them out.
Traditional memory foam: This is the first type of memory foam that was introduced in the market. Until now, this foam is still the best when it comes to comfort and satisfaction, which is the reason why it is still being offered in the market.
Gel-infused memory foam: This type of memory foam, on the other hand, is the most recent among the three types and it is made specifically for one reason – sleeping hot. This type of memory foam is infused with gel beads that can provide the right temperature on the bed and prevent sleeping hot.
Plant-based memory foam: This is environment-friendly foam and it is the best choice if you need a lot of support on your body. It is made with very little emissions and there is no toxic substance included.
2. The Thickness of Layers
The thickness of the layer is very important as it dictates the amount of support and comfort that you can get from it. Most mattresses are composed of 3 layers and they all come in different firmness and densities.
The top layer is often made from innovative materials. The next one would be the support layer that usually has 1 to 4 inches of thickness. The last is the foam base, which is also the thickest layer. It is often around 6 to 8 inches thick.
Basically, thicker mattresses are more expensive, especially those with more layers because they often come with extra features. If you are going to buy a mattress, you should get a thicker one with more layers as it provides more comfort and support.
3. Firmness Level
Firmness dictates how quickly the foam will bounce back when you applied pressure to it. You need a foam with a high firmness level. You can try to push the foam down and see how fast the foam reacts and bounce back to its original form. If the foam is taking a long time bouncing back, it means that the firmness level is very low. This is something that you have to consider when buying.
4. Heat Retention
You don’t want foam that would retain heat because it would make the foam very hot, especially during summer. You need to look for foam that would disperse the heat and allow air to flow inside to make sure that you will always stay cool and fresh.
One of the most common complaints about memory foam mattresses is the odour, except for the plant-based memory foam. This is the usual complaint, but it is better if you look for foam that can reduce odour. It may not be an issue for some people, but a lot of users are complaining about this.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many of you have a lot of questions about memory foam mattresses so we will try out best to answer them. Here are some of the frequently asked questions of homeowners about this.
1. Do memory foam mattress makes you hotter?
Yes, and it is because of the ability of the memory foam to retain heat. However, gel-infused memory foam already solved this issue. The gel disperses the hotness in the foam so you can sleep better.
2. Do memory foam mattresses soften up?
Yes. When you buy a memory foam mattress, it is still a bit stiff, but after a couple of hours, you will notice that it will start to soften up. You won’t need to do anything to it. The foam will soften up on its own.
3. Does memory foam help you prevent body pains?
It doesn’t completely prevent body pains, but it provides support to your back, spine, and neck. Body pains have different causes and your memory foam mattress won’t be able to deal with all of these problems. It can make you feel better when sleeping and it reduces the chances of dealing with body pains.
4. Is it fine to buy a cheap memory foam mattress?
Yes, but you cannot expect that the mattress will have the same features as the expensive models. There are a lot of affordable models with great features, but they will always fall short compared with the more expensive ones. It is not a bad idea to buy cheap mattresses, but they are not as durable as the expensive brands.
Memory foam mattresses changed the market and although it has a few shortcomings, many people decided to use it because the features completely outweigh the disadvantages. As long as you know what to look for in a memory foam mattress, all these disadvantages can be prevented. You just need to follow the guide and choose from the top mattresses that we mentioned.