A pocket sprung mattress is the best type of bed to buy. This unique sleep system is designed to mould to the contours of your body. Pocket spring units offer more support than the older coil spring units.
The individual springs that make up the mattress are housing their own little pockets and work independently of each other.
Traditional coil springs tend to move as one since any movements or vibrations are spread across the entire mattress.
The ability of a pocket sprung bed to isolate motion is what makes it so special. The only problem is that there are too many choices on the market, making your selection challenging.
Our main objective is to help you select a unit that fits your every requirement in terms of the pocket sprung system and the other mattress materials used.
Top 5 Best Pocket Sprung Mattress 2019
Dosleeps Pocket Sprung Orthopaedic Mattress
- ★【A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP】With an innovative 9 Zone Support System constructed by individual spring coil pockets. each spring coil is made of tempered stainless steel wire into a bucket shape. Compressed and sealed in a fabric pocket to reduce noise of spring coil collision. It can eliminates pressure points, motion disturbance and lower back pain, this is the best mattress you will find for an incredible night's sleep!
- ★【Tencel Surface】The smooth fiber surface of TENCEL Lyocell fibers absorbs moisture more efficiently. This supports the body’s natural thermal regulating mechanism, keeping your skin feeling pleasantly cool and dry throughout the day and night. Fabrics can also be engineered to provide warm and dry sensations on the skin.
- ★【SUPPORTIVE + UNDISTURBED SLEEP】Each Seperate Pocketed Coil is Individually & Independently Wrapped to Provide an Individualized Comfort Support System by Contouring each Person's Body Perfectly. It Also Doesn't Transfer Motion, for a Peaceful Undisturbed Sleep Even if Your Partner Moves at Night.
Sleep better on the Dosleeps Pocket Sprung Orthopaedic Mattress. This is an expertly made bed that will transform your sleep experience.
You get superior zoned support from the heavy-duty pocket springs. Each spring is individually encased in a pocket to provide distinct comfort that moulds to your body.
Collectively, the independent springs create a heavy-duty zoned support system that automatically adjusts with respect to your body weight and posture.
The targeted support you get allows for proper spinal alignment and exceptional pressure relief on the hips and shoulders among other parts of your body.
The comfort layer of the bed is made of high-density memory foam that provides extra support and comfort. The foam provides up to 87 percent pressure relief on the spine, hips and neck.
The cover is made of Tencel lyocell fibre that absorbs moisture better than cotton. This ensures you get natural thermal regulation, allowing you to sleep dry and cool through the night.
- Pocket sprung zone support alleviate bad back
- Memory foam comfort layer offers superior pressure relief
- Independent action of pocket springs eliminates motion transfer
- Tencel surface offers natural thermal regulation
- Gives correct orthopaedic support for back pain sufferers
- The breathable non-woven fabric improves airflow
- Non-reversible design tends to wear out faster
HomyLink Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattress
- This mattress is harder than Medium mattresses. High-density knit layer, with stylish European pattern, provides velvety sleep. More skin-friendly, more breathable, more relaxed. As comfortable as lying in the clouds, enjoy 8 hours of deep sleep in tranquility.
- Health & Hypoallergenic Mattress : 100% naturally hypoallergenic and Anti-biosis, Anti-odorization, Anti-allergy, Anti-mites.Comfortable and 3D Breathable fabric is as breathable as clouds, makes you feel super comfortable without extra heat and sweat and enjoy a good night sleep everyday.
- Undisturbed Night ’S Sleep : Each spring is packed separately in a fiber bag, operates independently, provide the targeted support to your body, proper back support & alignment. They are also able to provide localized bounce in different zones, so you and your partner won’t disturb each other when either of you moves in bed.
The HomyLink Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattress is a handcrafted orthopaedic bed that offers a medium firm feeling for superior back support.
The 3D breathable knitted fabric on top is anti-mites, anti-allergy, antibiosis and naturally hypoallergenic. The cover is ideal for allergic people.
There is a massage convoluted wave foam just beneath the cover that conforms to the shape of your body. This promotes good circulation, stress release and muscle relaxation.
The high elasticity and high density foam layers ensure there is reduced motion transfer, better conformity and reduced pressure on hips, neck and shoulders.
What is really impressive about this bed are the individual pocket springs. The springs are designed to operate independently in order to provide support where it is needed the most.
This mechanism ensures you get targeted support, spinal alignment, and localised bounce. If you have a bad back, the zoned support will help alleviate the back pain.
The mattress will arrive vacuum packed in a small, but heavy package. You will need to give it at least 24 hours to regain its actual size.
- Pocket springs distribute your weight evenly
- Stretch fabric cover maximises thermal regulation and comfort
- Memory foam comfort layer improves conformity and pressure relief
- Massage egg crate wave foam helps relieve stress and muscle fatigue
- Medium firmness is ideal for a bad back and all sleeping positions
- Vacuum packed for ease of movement in the house
- May be too heavy for one person to set up
Yaheetech Pocket Sprung Mattress
- ⭐Double memory foam mattress - Memory foam is right under the comfortable mattress cover. It offers you extra comfort and more benefits including pressure sore relief, neck/spine/back/hip pressure improvement, accommodation of different sleep positions and motion/turning noise absorption.
- ⭐Pocket sprung double mattress - Individual pocket springs are the core of this mattress spring system. Fabric enclosed coil springs have each spring not connected together and act on its own. No disturbed sleep caused by motion transfer. Ideal for light sleepers. Helpful to muscle pains, spine contours and blood circulation.
- ⭐Standard 4ft6 double mattress - Overall dimensions of width: 135cm/53"/4'6", length: 190cm/75"/6'3", thickness: 22cm/9"/1' (WxLxThickness), designed for standard UK double guest/divan/ottoman/bunk beds. Conforming to BS7177 and S.I. 1988/1324 flammability requirements. Commodious addition to home/hotel bedroom.
If you want a mattress that is designed according to your natural curve, you should look no further than the Yaheetech Pocket Sprung Mattress.
This bed is available in six standard UK sizes, including 4FT6 double, 4FT small double, 5FT UK king, super king, 2FT6 small single, and 3FT single.
It comes equipped with heavy gauge pocket springs that are individually wrapped. There are approximately 1000 separate sense points for responding to body pressures.
These sense points do an amazing job of absorbing vibrations and noise. The springs also promote superior conformity and alignment to eliminate tossing and turning.
The breathable knitted fabric on the topside is anti-pilling, wear-resistant, anti-static, strong, flexible, comfortable and soft.
The fabric material is designed to absorb sweat, allowing you to sleep dry and cool. It is also anti-bacterial and anti-mould.
The constant temperature foam does not only allow for deep contouring and moulding support but also regulates your body temperature. This is a useful feature for those who sleep hot.
- Available in six standard UK sizes
- Pocket sprung design provides about 1000 sense points for pressure relief
- Independent operation of each spring provide targeted support and bounce
- Breathable knitted fabric is hypoallergenic and durable
- Memory foam layer offers constant temperature regulation
- Medium firmness feel is suitable for a bad back
- Possible off-gassing during unboxing that may require time to air out
Inofia Pocket Sprung Mattress
- SUPPORTIVE + RELIEVING - Traditional springs are woven together and connected, which used to cause dips or squeaks. Inofia pocketed springs technology individually wraps each spring so they continue to provide strength and support on their own, giving you a firmer feel. This separation also divides motion, so you can do jumping jacks on your side and not wake up your partner on the other side. Despite the elaborate design, the pocketed coils can still be folded and shipped right to door.
- PAIN-FREE + COMFY - Pressure-relieving comfort foam helps to improve sleep efficiency by eliminating pressure points. It aids the high-density foam to conform to your body so your bones and joints sink into softness instead of feel their own weight against a surface. You wake up with magically less aches and pains.
- ZONED SCIENTIFICALLY + ALLEVIATING - Inofia Pocket Springs Mattress has 7-zone spring systems that are scientifically proven to align the spine and directly combat back aches and pains , each reflecting specific pressure points on the body - and evenly distributes your weight while aligning your spine.
The Inofia Pocket Sprung Mattress comes vacuum packed and rolled inside a box. But the compact size should not fool you, it is still heavy to lift.
The product label states that the mattress has a 100 night trial period as well as a two year guarantee. So, the Inofia is indeed a reliable choice that is backed by the manufacturer.
You should be careful when removing the plastic wrap because the bed will spring open and expand very quickly the moment the plastic is opened.
This product remains pretty pliable and flexible even after it is fully expanded. The expanded bed offers you eight layers of perfect comfort.
This bed is zoned scientifically, thanks to the individually wrapped springs underneath the foam layers. The springs create a 7-zone system that is perfect for a bad back.
The foam layers in this bed are not memory foam. So, you should not expect the comfort layer to leave imprints. However, foams help in providing targeted support.
There is a lot of bounce to this mattress. Therefore, it may not be the most desirable choice for heavy people weighing more than 70 kilograms.
Edge support isn’t that great, especially for heavy people because the pocket springs are pretty pliable.
- Comfort layer foam helps with pressure relief
- 7 zone support alleviates bad back and back pain
- The 3D breathable cover is non-allergy and sleeps cool
- 100 night free trial for customer satisfaction
- Pocket sprung design is highly durable
- May not be suitable for heavy people
Vesgantti Pocket Sprung Mattress
- Individually Wrapped Spring:Designed with Individually Wrapped Spring, this double mattress offers excellently support to relieve 7 pressure points of your body (Feet, legs, hips, waist, shoulders, neck, head)
- Vesgantti Comfort System: Multilayer Breathable Foam - Non toxic, hypoallergenic and baby-friendly, can increases good air circulation and let go body sweat and moisture to keep your body comfortable and dry when sleeping
- Ultra Quiet:- Excellent shock-absorption and resilience, can effectively absorb noise and vibration caused by tossing and turning. No waken up by noise, not disturb companion and effectively reduce your turning times. Have a sound and peaceful sleep!
Are you in search of a multilayer comfort system that will alleviate your bad back? Look no further than the Vesgantti Pocket Sprung Mattress.
This luxury bed is available in four standard UK sizes, including 5FT UK king, 4FT6 double, 4FT small double and 3FT single. It’s also available in classic, fashion, and luxury box top colours.
The pocket sprung technology used by Vesgantti provides exceptional support and conformity to alleviate all the seven pressure points of your body.
Each wrapped spring react independently to weight in order to provide targeted support and minimize motion transfer when sleeping with a partner.
What is really amazing about this product is the comfort system that is made of multilayer breathable foam.
The comfort system ensures superior body contouring and air circulation. Temperature regulation is at a premium, making this an ideal choice for hot sleepers.
- Pocket springs alleviate all the seven pressure points
- Multilayer comfort system is breathable and offers moulding comfort
- The cover is non-toxic, anti-mites, hypoallergenic and baby-friendly
- Features superior shock absorption as well as resilience
- 100 night free trial for customer satisfaction
- Nonrevisable design may not be suitable for some users
How to select a pocket sprung mattress?
When choosing the right pocket sprung mattress, it is important you select one with a comprehensive support system.
The benefits of the independently wrapped coils in this type of bed are almost similar for all pocket sprung mattresses.
However, the major differences are determined by the fillings, such as memory foam, latex and bamboo fibre to mention a few.
Here are our main considerations:
Number of Pocket Springs
One of the most misunderstood concepts of a pocket sprung bed in the UK is the number of pocket springs that come with the mattress.
Nowadays, there are too many misleading marketing promotions with exaggerated descriptions. This usually results in uncalled for confusion for customers.
You should not be overly concerned spring count. Your main focus should be on the gauge of the pocket springs, which determines the effectiveness of the springs.
Most producers of high-quality pocket sprung mattress using a 1000+ pocket spring to guarantee quality, performance and durability.
Low-quality beds from average manufacturers would most probably have less spring count of less than 1000. Some sleep systems are known to have 800 or 700 springs.
The typical pocket spring sizes are 1000, 1500 and 2000. You can easily determine these sizes by confirming the diameter of the coils.
Therefore, the smaller the pocket spring diameter, the larger the spring count and the more supportive the bed would be.
In most cases, pocket sprung sleep systems with large diameter springs tend to sink a lot and they also tend to have poor edge support.
Spun Bond vs. Calico Pocket Springs
Spun Bond Pocket Springs
Spun bond pocket springs are the cheapest method of producing pocket sprung mattresses. They are usually encased in synthetic material and then glued together in rows.
This enables manufacturers to adhere to the springs together quickly and at a lower cost compared to calico pocket coils.
The glue that is used to adhere them together does impact the feel of the coil units in that it reduces the flexibility and also increases the number of synthetic materials in the mattress.
Calico Pocket Springs
Calico pocket springs are of the highest quality. They are encased in a completely natural cotton cover, which helps the coils to breathe better than a spun bond material.
The calico is also far softer, allowing the coils to move and flex more independently. Calico coils are stitched together and never glued.
Therefore, there is greater movement with them and no synthetic products, such as resin is used. Calico coils are more expansive than the spun bond.
Calico pocketed coils come in a variety of tensions for different sleepers, which is of a huge benefit.
This means that the edge of the mattress can use firmer springs for perimeter support whereas the centre of the bed can use softer coils dependant on your body weight.
It also means each side of the mattress is tailored to the sleeper, making a truly bespoken product for each sleeper.
Verdict: Spun bond pocketed coils is what you will find in nine out of ten mattresses because they are relatively cheap to design.
If; however, you are for the ultimate in flexibility, comfort and luxury, then you should be looking at the calico pocket spring units.
The third important factor to consider is the mattress filling. Pocket sprung mattresses are either filled with natural or synthetic fillings.
The most popular natural fillings most UK pocket sprung beds have are: bamboo fibre, wool, cotton, cashmere, silk, mohair and latex.
Unlike synthetic, natural fillings provide all year round benefits, including: hypoallergenic, superior thermal regulation, and sumptuous sleeping surfaces.
The most popular synthetic fillings on the market are: memory foam, Talalay latex, polyester, and the famous polyurethane foam.
You must always be aware of the many marketing gimmicks on the market. You should not decisively base your buying decision on the advertised images.
You need to be certain of the pocket spring diameter. The smaller the diameter of the coil, the more the count, and the more supportive the system.
Most cheap beds come with spun bond pocket springs and synthetic fillings. They will offer the ideal support you need, but with foreseeable shortcomings.
If you have a good budget, you should go for a high-quality bed that features calico pocket springs and natural fillings for superior performance and durability.