“The grass is greener on the other side” and always will be, i.e. if you haven’t paid significant attention towards the upkeep of your own turf! By “upkeep” we don’t mean just letting the grass grow erratically on your finicky lawn, but mowing it regularly so that it’s pleasant to behold.
Here is a Roundup
However, mowing a lawn can be a daunting and time-consuming task especially with a conventional lawnmower, which you literally have to maneuver across an expansive lush landscape. But someone’s got to do it, and if it’s going to be you, why not grab your favorite latte, relax, and watch the Flymo 1200R robotic lawnmower amaze you with its grass cropping skills!
Who is the Flymo 1200R for?
Robotic lawnmowers have come a long way since they took center stage around 20 years ago. Today, they come with advanced features, yet are fairly priced, and needless to say less cumbersome to use.
The Flymo 1200R robotic lawnmower is a great choice for two types of people – those who have a medium to small size lawn, and are lazy to push a conventional lawnmower across it, or simply those who are tech curious. Regardless of what category you fall into, one thing’s for sure – the Flymo 1200R lawn mower won’t disappoint.
It comes with a rich set of features, most not available in gas or electric manual lawnmowers, and some not seen in higher-priced models in its segment. Once installed right, which is a no-brainer to say the least, the Flymo 1200R robotic lawnmower struts around, and cuts your grass automatically, without the need for you to babysit and pay for its services.
Should you Buy the Flymo 1200R Robotic Lawnmower?
The Flymo 1200R is perhaps the best lawnmower in its class, most notably due to its long list of features at a highly affordable price tag. For starters, it is conceived by one of the most esteemed names in the outdoor motor products space – Flymo – a company that introduced the Hover Mover more than 50 years ago.
The company today boasts a massive portfolio of award-worthy products that includes the most comprehensive range of mowers and accessories in the world. This in itself speaks volumes about the performance you can expect from the Flymo 1200R lawnmower.
The Flymo 1200R is engineered to cover gardens and lawns of all shapes and sizes, which it does by mowing in a random pattern to ensure that all parts are taken care of. It can be used by both novice and seasoned users and installed easily by configuring the perimeter with the included 150-meter length boundary wire.
One of the downsides of using a manual gas or electric-powered lawnmower is disposing of the grass clippings after each use, but the Flymo 1200R mulches it onsite, so you don’t have to deal with them. If you have a hilly lawn, then the Flymo 1200R will prove even more beneficial, because it can cut slopes with a gradient of up to an impressive 20 percent without any hiccups.
The Flymo 1200R offers a no-frills lawn cutting experience right from the time it starts up until it has completed its task perfectly. Speaking of which, the 1200R automatic lawn cutter returns to base aka its charging station, and charged automatically, so it’s ready to spring into action when it is summoned.
With any electronic gadget, safety should be a top priority, and this is an area where the 1200R robotic lawnmower by Flymo doesn’t fall short with its onboard highly sensitive sensor and stop button.
- Excellent safety features
- A joy to watch in action
- Minimal user installation after initial installation
- Mulches grass clippings
- Charges automatically
- Lacks smart features such as app control
- Only works well for lawns up to 400m²
Key features of the Flymo 1200R Lawnmower
Unlike other robotic lawn mowers that come with hefty price tags, yet fall short off several key features, the Flymo 1200R lawnmower rivals its competition with its top-notch performance and expansive list of advanced features.
- Irregular mowing pattern – one thing that’s bound to catch your attention when the Flymo 1200R Lawnmower begins work is that it doesn’t follow a certain pattern or routine when cutting the grass. Instead, it strolls around in an irregular pattern and still manages to cut the entire lawn perfectly, without leaving a pile of grass in any area.
- Coverage area – it can cut lawns that span up to 400 m², making it a great choice for small to medium size gardens.
- Blade width – the blade of the 1200R lawnmower is razor-sharp, and offers a cutting path of 17 cms, which is narrower compared to manual models. Further, it is equipped with a spinning disc, which is fitted with three pivoting blades, that collectively do the hard work of cutting the grass clippings, and sending them back into the lawn.
- Height adjustments – another key feature of the Flymo 1200R robotic lawnmower is the ability to adjust the cutting length of the grass according to your needs. This can be done by easily toggling the knob located at the top of the machine between the various height options. The knob for adjusting the height is located right above the display, from where you can also view the current height setting.
However, it’s worth noting that even though there are several height adjustment levels to choose from between 2 and 5 cms, it is highly recommended that you use a regular mower on a lawn with overgrown grass to prevent wear and tear of the blades.
- Onboard mulcher – the Flymo 1200R automatic lawnmower goes above and beyond just cutting the grass, but allows you to give back some nutrients to the yard. The clippings collected by the device are evenly distributed into the lawn, which helps fertilize it to make it greener each time to cut it.
- Programmable schedule – on the front of the is a large Stop switch, which doubles down as a hatch opener. Underneath the hatch lies a display complete with keypad for manual settings.
- Lift and tilt sensors – this robotic lawnmower is embedded with lift, tilt, collision sensors, and comes with an alarm to safeguard it against theft. These sensors are designed to stop the blades from moving when the mower is lifted, and when it reaches a preconfigured title angle, where its edges could cause injury to people around it.
- Collision sensors – it also comes factory-fitted with collision sensors, which as you might’ve guessed protects it from obstacles. The collision sensors work a bit differently, where instead of avoiding objects in the path of the mower, they trigger the mower to gently bump into them and then stop.
- It then reverses automatically, changes directions, and moves on. The 1200R mower however may not detect smaller objects such as a water pipe, so it’s best to keep the cutting area free from potential obstacles before using the device.
- Minimal noise – for a rather powerful machine that packs a mean punch under its hood, the Flymo 1200R lawnmower does nothing more than a whisper at 58 dB, So, you don’t have to wear hearing aids as you probably would with a loud manual lawnmower, and don’t have to worry about waking up the neighbors.
- Protection from insects – one of the biggest downsides of using a manual lawnmower is maneuvering it in areas that have beehives, ant colonies, etc. This makes the 1200R robotic lawnmower a great choice for those inclined towards agriculture.
What’s in the Box?
The Flymo 1200R robotic lawnmower comes with everything you need to get started right out of the box including:
- Charging station
- Power supply
- Low voltage cable
- 9 replacement blades
- A measurement gauge
- 200 boundary wire pegs
- 5 cable connectors
- An alarm decal
- Quick start manual, installation DVD
- Product registration card
- Ease-of-Use – 4/5
- Features – 4/5
- Performance – 4.5/5
- Value for Money – 4.5/5
After reading the Flymo 1200R lawnmower review, you may be wondering if it’s right for you! This answer basically depends on two things – how much you value your time, and how you’d like to mow your lawn? If you’d like to enjoy the time saved from manually cutting your lawn, the Flymo 1200R is a great choice for you. Similarly, if you’d like to keep your yard neat and clean at all times, and without any supervision or paying for professional help, you can’t go wrong with the Flymo 1200R robotic lawnmower.
- Does the Flymo 1200R require maintenance?
–The blades of the Flymo 1200R lawnmower can be easily removed and will need to be sharpened periodically.
- Does the Flymo 1200R work in wet weather conditions?
–Yes, it does, but it is recommended that you take it in during harsh rainy weather. As a precaution, you can even adjust the mowing schedule, so that it doesn’t mow wet grass caused by morning due.
- What is the lifespan of the battery?
–Flymo claims the battery of the 1200R robot lawnmower should last between 2 and 4 years, depending on usage and proper care.